Handpoint : Description & News (EN)
Handpoint is a Mobile POS platform provider; enabling developers to add highly secure EMV payments to their applications. With 13 years’ experience in the payment market. The company and its senior executives pioneered major innovations in the mobile payments market, including developing Mobile Point-Of-Sale (MPOS) for the airline industry in 2003 and the world’s first Chip and PIN mPOS solution for a handheld device at Manchester United FC’s stadium in 2007. Handpoint has a complete end-to-end payment solution including a fully hosted PCI-DSS certified payment gateway for both authorisations and settlements.
- Website: http://www.handpoint.com
- White label capacity
- Customer focus: Small and Medium merchants
- Card accepted: Magnetic Stripe and Chip and Pin
- Compatibility: iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, Windows CE
- Accepted Card Brands: VISA, MC, MAESTRO, V pay
- Verification Method: All card payments are confirmed with a four digit PIN (Personal Identification Number) on the secure card reader for extra security.
- Contactless capabilities: Yes
- Geographic repartition: Worldwide
- Certify by Visa Ready Program
- Launch: 2003
- Users: individuals and businesses world wide
- $2M raised
- Pricing : 2.65% for credit and debit card transactions + a one-time setup fee of £99 + VAT.
What’s new in 2013?
Handpoint iPhone app available at iTunes – September 2,2013
The Handpoint mobile POS app for iOS devices is available for download at iTunes.
Handpoint mobile POS app go open source – June 24,2013
The Handpoint mobile POS app go open source it’s means that app can meet the need of any business, from any industry and in any country.
Handpoint is accredited P2PE Mobile POS application – June 3,2013
Handpoint’s MPOS application has been PCI P2P certified. P2PE means that no payment card data is stored in retailer’s own systems ensuring that security levels are maintained and any risk of fraud or data-loss is minimized.
Handpoint Doles Out MPOS Devices To UK Merchants – May 24, 2013
Handpoint, a mobile payments company, announced the launch of its new chip & PIN mPOS system that will be available for small and medium enterprise merchants in the UK
MasterCard certifies Mobile POS providers (Handpoint) – February 27, 2013
Currently, the following Mobile POS solutions providers have successfully completed the registration and self-certification process for their solutions: Corduro, Ezetap, Elavon, Handpoint, Itos, iVeri, iZettle, JSC Smartfin (2Can), Miura Systems, NetSecure Payments (Kudos), Payworks, ROAM, SCCP (Swiff), Soft Space, Square and Thyron Systems.[divider]
Mastercard mPOS Program report
The Wall Street Journal: http://on.wsj.com/1dvbOgW
The Paypers: http://bit.ly/1o06U4e
VISA Ready Program for mPOS
Handpoint website: www.handpoint.com
mPOS World: http://mpos-world.com